Ski Washington Challenge - David's Diary

Blog documenting my progress on the Ski Washington Challenge

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mount Baker

Mount Baker Lift Ticket

Just returned to Bellingham from my Mount Baker visit today. Nice little area, spread over the face of two peaks along a ridge, with abundant fixed lifts to carry you from point to point. Two of note: the chair that carries folks from two different loading stations, going in opposite directions to the top of the same ridge mid-lift, and one that shares a pole with another - one on top of the other.


The snow was wet, and a little sticky, but the coverage was actually quite good. Needless to say I had a great time learning my way around the lift system, and cruising as many runs as I could muster ( I even did part of one run in the 'Natural Halfpipe').



2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger styrofoamtoo said...

Hi Dave....The Big Katuna here....hope you had a good night and Crystal is fun for you. Mt. Baker looked pretty good, especially all that white stuff and clear sky. Take care and blog you soon, Love, Tuna Helper

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Artemiscy said...

David,

The whole trip is amazing~ I learned some snowboarding skills, slept well, and got to know more about you. Thanks for being so patiencely waiting whenever I was working on my way down to the hill. I will always remember your sunny smile againist the white forest which is brighter than the sky. Good luck on the rest of the challenging trips.

Space Alien

 

Post a Comment

<< Home