Ski Washington Challenge - David's Diary

Blog documenting my progress on the Ski Washington Challenge

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mission Ridge

Mission Ridge Lift Ticket
My original plan was admittedly a little crazy - I had thought I would drive to 49ยบ North and then back to Stevens Pass. Given the heavy snowfall in the mountains, I changed my plan, and it worked out well. A kind fellow on the lift at White Pass suggested that I visit Mission Ridge today. I was a little skeptical, because 85% of their runs were closed on Friday - but they opened up a whole lot more, and most of the hill was accesible today. I had a great time. This has to be one of the best hills around - 2,250 feet of vertical, all downhill, 60% intermediate and 30% expert. Fantastic!

The coverage was pretty good for November, and even a few double black diamonds were open for my enjoyment. I made it to every open run again today, and had a great time cutting fresh tracks - most of the runs were open today for the first time this season. The hill is serviced by one express quad, which you get to by riding a fixed double. The "Liberator Express" then takes you straight to the top in no time at all. Food was good too - they even have their own brews!

I had a great time at Mission Ridge, and I heartily recommend a stop here if you are ever in the Wenatchee area. It was a bit windy (so much so they had to briefly stop running the express quad), so be prepared. Here are some images for your edification...





1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger styrofoamtoo said...

Hey David...So, it sounds like you wer on a mission; what a fine time you must have had! Brews, too!!!! Nice to hear that you had a great day of downhill. Hope you are staying warm and dry (heard about the 'indoor' ice!!! Have fun manana and see you soon. Love, The Big Katuna.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home